Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday April 25, 2011

Haircut & Mission President's Fireside

Dear Family,
This week was much better! Monday was Antax day. It is kinda like Memorial Day. All of the stores were closed until 1:00pm. It was a good thing they opened after 1:00, or I would have to punch someone!

Tuesday we taught a man named Lucion, English. Then we taught Musik the importance of bearing a testimony and encouraged her to try next fast meeting. I love teaching and learning from these wonderful people. Dad helped Joey study for a his test to gain Australian citizenship, so he can get a job. It costs $350 each time he takes it. He has took it four times. Dad has helped him prepare for one month. I really hope he passes.

Wednesday we taught George and Julie. George is doing much better. We have asked him to exercise his faith by asking his boss for Sunday morning off so he can go to church. He hasn't done it yet, but he is getting closer to asking. We are showing him ways to build faith.
We had Institute on Thursday. It went well. Only three people were there. Dad taught the lesson on repentance. We sure enjoy these young men and women. They are great! Afterwards we stood around and talked and ate treats.

I had an 8:15 pm hair appointment. I showed Jayne my hairstylist the wedding pictures. She liked looking at them. I told her I wanted my hair shorter. Wow! It is really short. It's okay, it is a good haircut. I sure miss Julie doing my hair!

Saturday we had English class. There were about 12 people there. It was very good. The big talk is about the Royal Wedding. It's all over the newspapers and magazines. The owner of Subway told us that people are getting together and having parties. They get all dressed up and the girls wear crowns. It's a really big deal.

Sunday we had our Mission President's Fireside. Like always, it was really good. Afterward Sister Liffereth said, "I hope you know how valuable you are at the QV, you make such a difference. I watch you and the way you are with the missionaries. They need your laughter and happiness. Thank you!"
She also asked me if I made it through the wedding (Jeremy's wedding, not the Royal Wedding). I told her I cried a lot. She said, "We should have cried together, my daughter just had a baby last week." It was nice of her to say all of those things.

So that was our week!

We love and miss you all very much!

Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment