Saturday, April 30, 2011

Monday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

Dear Family,

I hope this letter finds you all healthy and happy!

I sat in on a lesson with Elder Su we taught Winni a lesson on tithing. This is the last commandment they have to teach her until her baptism on the 15th. they asked me to share my testimony on tithing. It was a good experience. I liked it!

Friday we called Jeremy for his Birthday. We had a really good talk. He seems to be doing very well and looking forward to his wedding. We are so happy for him.

Dad was teaching a lesson with Elder Burke so I left and went for a walk and got a pop. I called Jenny while I was gone. Oh I love that so much. It is a good break for me. Then I came back we taught a lesson to Louis about the ten virgins. It was good. After the lesson we caught a train that so was sooooo crowded. We were sucked together like sardines. We went to a baptism. It went very well. I love baptisms.

Saturday was the long awaited day for all of us missionaries. We saw general conference. (General Conference is re-broadcasted the week after it is broadcast in the U.S.) As I sat and listened to each and every talk I couldn't fight back the tears, because I pictured my family and friends listening to these very same messages. I felt connected to them, it 's hard to explain. I didn't want it to end. The first two sessions were wonderful. Then I did something I have never done before. I went to the priesthood session. Since I had to stay to wait for Dad, I thought, "I can sit in a classroom, or go in and and listen." So I did. I loved it. I especially loved President Monson's talk.

On Sunday Elder Hollands talk was my favorite. But I loved them all. When it was over and we left the building I was very sad. I felt like I was leaving my family all over again. I know that sounds weird, but that is how I felt.

Elder Su and Elder Woo came to our flat for dinner. We had corned beef, pot rice, cabbage, carrots, onions, and garlic bread. It was good. We burnt the cabbage. We had a fun time. These Elders are the cream of the crop.

Well that is all for now.

Love you,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment