Thursday, April 14, 2011

Monday, March 28, 2011

Cell Phone, Birthday Party, Baptism Date!!

Dear Family,

I always look forward to Mondays! We did the usual, but we also bought a cell phone!!! We are so excited. Now we can call when ever we want. Your Dad is a little afraid I will go wild, and maybe I will! So there!

Tuesday we had three lessons and the QV was very busy. For about two hours all five teaching areas were busy. That is the BEST when it was like that.

Wednesday we had a zone meeting and it was also Sister Lifferth's Birthday (the mission President's wife). Elder Woo and Elder Su (zone leaders) asked me if I could come up with an idea of something to do for her, and they would help in anyway. So we thought about it and this is what we came up with. We got a yellow table cloth and a beautiful vase of flowers and a big card for everyone to sign, and a "Happy Birthday" banner. We went to the church early to sign the card and set it up in a classroom. We all went into the chapel when zone conference started and had our meeting. Then we had a five minute break and all of the missionaries went into the room where the flowers were. Dad and I took President and Sister Liffereth in the room a few minutes later and all of the Elders sang "Happy Birthday." It was so cute and she loved it. Presidents Liffereth was taking pictures and it turned out great. She loved it. Then we had lunch and the Elders were in charge of making Taco Soup.

Thursday we sat in a lesson with Elder Woo. He has been teaching a girl names Winnie. I have helped him many times. He has taught her all of the lessons. She has been waiting to know if the Book of Mormon is true. At the end of the lesson Elder Woo said, "How do you feel about the Book of Mormon?" She said "I think it is the word of God and I want to be baptised."
I thought Elder Woo was going to do a summer salt. He was so excited. Winnie will get baptised on the 15th of April and Elder Woo will go home on the 2oth of April. What a way to go home! After she left, we were doing high fives. Every one was so excited. She is a really sweet girl.
Friday our day started out really busy, but three appointments canceled. At 3:00 the QV got really busy. Dad was helping a young man with home work, so I left to get a pop and decided to call Jenny on my new cell phone. It was fun, a pop in one hand and my cell phone in the other!
On Sunday the Relief Society President wanted us to share with the sisters exactly what we do at the QV. Dad shared the physical aspects and I shared the spiritual side. We both ended with our testimony and invited them to have the missionaries in their home to teach a lesson. After we were done, the Relief Society President threw her arms around me and thanked us for sharing. She said "I had no idea that is what went on down there." It was a really good experience.

Well, it is a wonderful time to be a missionary.
We love this work.
We love all of you, are dear family.

Love,
Mom and Dad





No comments:

Post a Comment