Saturday, March 26, 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011

Karen is Still Sick

Dear Family

Monday we did our usual. Then the rest of the day your Dad did taxes and I slept. I loved the day! Then we went to FHE. We always walk to the tram with Jenna and Eliza. We walk past Subway so of course, we have to stop and get a drink. It's fun, the girls like it. We talked to Julie on the phone for her birthday. We can NOT believe our youngest child is 29!! That means Dad is getting old.

Thursday poor Dad went to the QV all by himself. I stayed home and slept all day. I thought I was dying. On Friday I slept all morning and we didn't go into the QV until 1:00 in the afternoon. I felt a little better. When I got to the QV I called Jenny. I call home when I feel the need.

I just want to say the Elders are very sweet to me. Many called to see how I was doing, and when I came back to the QV they all said they missed me and they were glad I was back. We are like a little family. We worry about each other.

On Saturday was English class. Brother Choey taught us all about Food. He worked in the restaurant business for 40 years, teaching and training. He knew a lot. It was fun to hear what he had to teach. Saturday night was the Chinese Fireside. We helped with the food. The program was on callings. It was very good. Dad spoke at it. They wanted him to talk about the callings he has had and how he felt when he got released. The wards here have found that when the extend a call to the Chinese people and then they get released, they feel like it's a bad thing. Some of them get offended and stop coming to church. The program was very good and explained all about how you get the call and release.

Sunday Sister Liffereth (mission president's wife) spoke in Sacrament Meeting. It was the best talk on faith. She told us that early Saturday morning the doorbell ran and on the porch was their Bishop. He was unshaven and teary eyed. His son is serving a mission in Japan, and he was still missing. He had been up all night with Salt Lake trying to get information., but there wasn't any. So President Liffereth tried to see what he could do. He gave the Bishop a blessing. When he was ready to leave sister Liffereth said, "Bishop tell me how you feel in your heart right now." He said "I don't know if my son is dead or alive but I know he is okay." She said that is faith. The story has a happy ending. He was found. There are still eight missing. We need to pray for the people in Japan.

Well that is all. I think I am feeling better, so that is good.

We love you all and ask Heavenly Father to let our mission bless our Family.

Love,
Mom and Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment