Saturday, March 19, 2011

Monday, March 7, 20011

Banana's and The Book of Mormon

Dear Family,

Well, we had a big shock on Monday. We went to the store to buy banana's. They were $6.95 per Kilo. A kilo=2lbs. We got seven bananas for $12.00. We about died.

Here is a funny Aussie saying. Com over for a cup and bring some nibbles.

Anyway, after we went to the store we went to Costco with the Elders. We had fun. We came home and put everything away and got ready for FHE (family home evening). We had a little going away party at FHE for Elder Blake and Newman. Elder Mertz (an Elder Karen has become very close to) is being transferred to another area. I'm so sad. He is my comfort zone.

We are teaching a girl named Ivy and she is reading the Book of Mormon. All she wanted for us to do in the lesson was just answer her questions. So we didn't prepare anything. We started, and we answered her questions. That only took 2o minutes. When I looked down at my watch, I panicked. So I said, "can we share some stories for Nephi with you?" As I said those words I was also praying at the same time for help in remembering a story. Admittedly Lehi's dream came to me. So we talked about that, then 2 Nephi 5, one of my favorites, came to me. That is about how Nephi teaches us to be happy. So we talked about that. She really liked those stories. As missionaries we are promised to have the spirit help us, and we got it! AWESOME!

Wednesday we taught three lessons again and they all went well. Thursday we taught two lessons and had Institute. I taught the lesson it was on the creation. We had five people there. It went well. I felt the spirit so that is enough for me. Then we stood around and talked and ate food. There is one thing they love to eat, that Elder Woo has taught me to love. It's called seaweed. I love it. It looks and smells weird, but really good. They are long strips that are crunchy and tasty.

My cough got worse again, so we went back to the Doctor. He now thinks I have bacterial infection. So he gave me some different medication to take. He said if I do not get better in five days they are going to run tests. So pray for me because the test will take away all of my spending money! Ha ha!

Dad helped Julee (a young lady they are working with) with her accounting. He was loving it and she was very grateful. Your Dad is known here as a man who is wise and very knowledgeable. Everyone highly respects him.

We taught a lesson to Ivy on the BOM I love those discussions. It makes me think, and explain the things I have learned that have become knowledge to me. For that I am grateful.

So like I told you, Elder Mertz was transferred so that means we get to teach the English classes each Saturday. Saturday was our first, we taught them American slang and the 10 most visited cities in America. They enjoyed learning about the Great Salt Lake. We shared with them about how Jenny and Gavin took us to L.A. and showed us where all of the homeless people sleep each night. They like all of our stories. Dad did a good job.

It was a good day except for the annoying tram was closed down because of road work. It was supposed to be replaced with buses, well we could not figure out where to catch the replacement bus. So we ended up walking a LONG way. It was really hot. Dad's head looked like a sprinkler. Oh well, that is missionary life.

Sunday was our ward conference. After church they had a luncheon. They do things so differently here. There are never tables or chairs set up, no plates, just napkins. There were finger food, sandwiches, sushi, carrots and celery, cookies and ice cream. We taught Elain again, the girl from last week's letter. We taught her the restoration. She wasn't sure she believed it. But she wants to come back. I felt during the lesson, that she wasn't into it, but as long as she wants to come, we will teach her. We went home so tired we went to bed early.

That's all.
We love you all.

Mom and Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment